The kids have played in the backyard for hours since Christmas day designing and painting. It is so fun to watch them work together and play. I love having free time, truly FREE. I have my kids doing so much during the school week it makes me sad that they don't have more time to just play and be a kid. My big kids enjoyed this project every bit as much as Grace. Ironic that after all of the money and effort spent into picking out perfect presents to put under the tree that they really enjoyed this the most. Kids really love the simple pleasures in life.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Highlights from the last few months
The kids have played in the backyard for hours since Christmas day designing and painting. It is so fun to watch them work together and play. I love having free time, truly FREE. I have my kids doing so much during the school week it makes me sad that they don't have more time to just play and be a kid. My big kids enjoyed this project every bit as much as Grace. Ironic that after all of the money and effort spent into picking out perfect presents to put under the tree that they really enjoyed this the most. Kids really love the simple pleasures in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Caroline
How are you? I can't believe I'm connecting to you through your blog. I don't blog. I'm technilogically handicap. I don't know how these mothers find time to do everything and still document it all. WOW. Anyway, I'm in AZ right now. I would love to hook up. We go home Sat. morning. I'm between my brothers house and Kara's. (found out you hooked up) Would love to catch up even just for a minute if you can. Hard to think of our carefree days in Chicago were so long ago as I see you now with 4 kids. Life keeps moving along.
Great post. The kids did an awesome job painting that box. I totally agree, we spend so much time and money on these extravagant gifts and toys, and they always seem to like the easy simple things. Lily and I saw Annie too last year. So fun.
Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! My kids would be so jelous of the box painting. they love stuff like that. I am so excited for you guys that your house is underway. We will have to check it out. Happy New Year!
Hey Caroline, I love the post. It's so good to see what your family has been up to. Definitely we need to do and American Girl get-together some time soon. Elle's all over that doll. I can't believe we didn't start on it sooner. Anyway, great pictures and fun to catch up.
Didn't you love Annie?! We took the girls and it was so much fun watching them to see that they were loving it as much as I did when I was little. I'm so excited for you that your house is under way! Your baby is getting way too big!!!!!
Post a Comment