Last weekend a childhood friend of mine passed away. He left behind 3 small children. Although I did not stay in close contact with him in the past 15 years, I have fond high school memories of him. We were in the same ward for many years. He had warm and inviting personality and a great smile. We hung out in seminary and at many youth activities. I am sad that his life was cut short. I can't stop thinking about his parents, and his children. I am so sad.
Paul and I have experienced losing many people near and dear to us. We both have lost best friends one age 30 and one age 29 and Paul's Mom. With the passing of another friend the pain of losing those others feels new again. I miss our friends and family that are not here. I hurt all over again. I hurt for their children. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. I do not understand it sometimes but I know that he loves us and that everything will be ok.
We do not know what the future holds for us. Every day really could be our last. I want to be a better mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, and person in general. So anyway in addition to expressing my sadness I also want to express my gratitude for every day that I still have to love those around me as much as I can.
5 comments:
I am so sorry Caroline. It is so hard to understand how those things are part of the plan. Thank you for the reminder to always express our love and appreciation for each other.
Hey Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are right, we really need to live life to the fullest. I've been thinking about that lately because of some things in the last Harry Potter book of all things. Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news.
Sorry to hear about the sad news. Death is such a sad thing. We feel such a loss hear on earth when we loose someone. I think of President Hinckley. We will miss him so much but he left a great legacy and he is so happy reuniting with his wife. I think death helps us think about how we want to be remembered and live our lives.
I'm sorry to hear about that Caroline. Life is hard to understand sometimes. I'm so grateful that we have all of the knowledge that we have. Sometimes I feel so lucky and wonder when something like this might happen to us or someone really close to us. It scares me but I just have to remember that He has a plan for all of us. Take Care.
That is so completely sad but what a great blessing and perspective the Gospel brings. I hate sad things, which is one of many reasons I'm so glad I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. Like you said, tragedy is just a big, fat reminder that helps us appreciate all we have and all we love.
Post a Comment