Sunday, March 02, 2008

She Did It!

When the Bishop called and asked Anne to play in church I told him he would have to talk to her. I knew that if this was my idea that she could use this as an excuse to not practice or chicken out . If she was nervous or didn't want to practice I wanted this to be her deal. Well, she told the Bishop she would do it. She practiced so hard for 4 weeks to learn a new song. We prayed a lot for her to be prepared. I had never heard Anne play the song perfect before the meeting. Each time she played she had a couple of mistakes. I kept reassuring her that it was great and even if she had a couple of mess ups we would be so proud of her for sharing her talent. I was so nervous for Anne to play in Sacrament Meeting I could hardly watch! I just didn't want her to get so nervous and forget everything and freeze up there. When I was 9 I don't think I would have agreed to this. Why do we as parents worry so much? I just wanted her to feel ok.

She walked right up there and did her thing................perfectly, not one mistake. She had never played it perfect before and she still can't play it perfect now. It was a little miracle. Boy am I glad that is over!

4 comments:

Shawni said...

I'm sure it was beautiful...I'm sad we couldn't hear it performed!

kara jayne said...

What a great experience. That picture is gorgeous!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Way to go Anne! You make your mom proud.

Sommer said...

Great Job Anne... can't wait to hear you play again and see you this week!